Copy files from E20 mobile to Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have used a converter plug to access files from my E20 via USB. to my laptop.
The signal seems to be getting across but there are no files showing on the laptop.
Heip!

Sponsored Links
What happens when you click on your phone's drive when you try to open it from explorer? Can you see the folders? Assuming you're using windows.

My phone as a drive doesn't show up from time to time. I disconnect cable and reconnect until it shows.

Dicky cable or connections on the phone (You said it was a £20 (old) phone)as you can see the phone after multiple reconnects.
Clean the contacts (A nail file or one of those things with sandpaper on (Ask SHMBO what they are called) you could tighten the PC USB connector

Sponsored Links
Using a pin or fine needle to clear out the phone usb socket is usually a revelation and you' ll clear all sorts of dust and detritus if you've never done it before.

The signal seems to be getting across but there are no files showing on the laptop.
Heip!

Converter plug?

Is this the Moto E20? if so it uses the same USB-C connector for charging and transferring data.

And when you say that the "signal seems to be getting across", what makes you think that?

Not all USB-C cables are created equally. The one in my rucksack will only work if I plug the "correct" end in to the USB-C port on my laptop, and the other end the "correct" way up on my phone.

If when you plug the phone in, if it starts to charge, that would suggest that the lead is fine. If not, try another lead.

Sorry, not much help, but you really need to provide more info.

OK. I perhaps should have mentioned I'm using Ubuntu on the laptop.
Am also wondering if it's anything to do with my not being online etc with the E20.
Also I've turned off most of the "unused switches"
The mobile is just used for making calls and taking pix etc.

Is the phone set to transfer data via USB - may be set to charge only by default, or to some other useless mode.
Choices should be available from the notifications area once the cable is connected.

Best toy I've bought for years was a double ended usb pen drive - C on one end, 'normal' on the other. Perfect for getting files onto airgapped machines.

OK. I perhaps should have mentioned I'm using Ubuntu on the laptop.
Am also wondering if it's anything to do with my not being online etc with the E20.
Also I've turned off most of the "unused switches"
The mobile is just used for making calls and taking pix etc.

Mentioning that you were using Ubuntu would have been helpful..

I suspect that Moto don't have native "drivers" for Ubuntu. A google search shows sites which claim to have the drivers, but because they don't seem to link to Motorola, I am not willing to post links here.

Thanks to all posters.
To quicken the situation up have taken pic on "normal camera"
(we live and learn!)

If the memory card is removable you could put it in the laptop; you'll likely need an adapter. If your laptop has an SD slot, a microSD adapter. If your laptop has only usb, a usb memory card reader (which will possibly have only an SD slot, necessitating a microSD to SD adapter)

For a not-physical transfer you can consider a sharing app like resilio sync, Dropbox etc to share the files on the phone with your laptop, or you can do something as low tech as emailing them to yourself

Heip!
Is it an 'Android' 'phone? - if so in the settings menu is a sub-menu for 'Connected Devices'; in that sub-menu is a 'button' to select for Data Transfer - click on that.

Sponsored Links
Back