core drill hole?

theflyingpig said:
well guys - thanks for all advice . . .
I got stuck straight into it on Friday morning - started the hole on the inside , got through the plaster and breeze block like it was butter . . but then damn pilot drill fell into the cavity between breeze block and brick! oops! tried to keep going without a pilot but after 20 mins of grinding away without a pilot I'd gone 5mm into the brick! luckily found a masonary bit I had kicking around that fitted the hole in core bit - a super long one - so went through brick from the inside then attacked it from the outside - by this point I think the core drill was blunt so had to put it on hammer to get through. . . .the guy in the hire shop had suggested I use hammer action!
so, got there in the end, hire shop didn't charge me for lost pilot or blunt core bit and gave me 20% of drill hire back for getting it back the same day

all in all not too bad, though I'm not exactly looking for opportuniteis to do it again . .

well done mate, thanks for the feedback.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back