Core Drills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a TCT core drill (70mm) from Screwfix and a Diamond core cutter from a local tool shop, also 70mm.

Using a Toshiba 850 watt drill, on drill action only, ( not hammer) I burnt the diamond core drill going through two bricks.

Where did I go wrong ?? Was the drill speed too high, should I have stopped and let the core cool down. I am baffled.

The TCT core had no probs. I need to know the correct way of using a diamond core cutter. Would appreciate some help.

Sponsored Links
it would seem you have quite literaly worn it out. it would seem they need lubrication. for more information see this

Slow and steady for Diamond Drills, suspect as you do that you were going to fast. aslo very little pressure is required just let the core do its thing.

No lubrication should be required for core drilling brick upto about 150mm or more. I did two rows of engineering bricks at 127mm no problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back