Corefix fixing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m hanging a radiator onto a dot & dab wall so I’ve used corefix fixings. I’ve got a total of 4 fixings, 2 fixings each side. 3 of these have gone in fine but when hammering in the metal core on the last one it seems to have loosened it to the point where I can just put out the whole thing. What can I do here so I can fix it to that hole?

Sponsored Links
If it's really bad, I would be tempted to cut out a small section of plasterboard and attach a wood block of a depth to reach the wall surface - then screw the bracket into that.

If it's really bad, I would be tempted to cut out a small section of plasterboard and attach a wood block of a depth to reach the wall surface - then screw the bracket into that.
I have drilled through to the masonry behind hence the using of the corefix fixing to bridge the gap between plasterboard & wall. It’s not too bad just the the one fixing that’s slightly not holding & able to pull out, is there any other way?

Sponsored Links
I've done this by using a stack of chunky thick metal washers. I used a spade drill bit slightly bigger than the washers, caulked the whole lot after. It worked great, I made the stack slightly lower than the plasterboard so it all got a squeeze when tightened.

I'd worry that a small piece of wood might squash over time and shrivel or turn soft.

The large diameter hole that corefix need can cause problems withe smaller alternatives like toggle or hollow wall anchor fixings.

A metal washer of the same or slightly larger diameter as the anchor should suffice.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back