Corgi notification of boiler installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading a thread earlier asking "Sabre v Vokera" when I noticed one of the comments was that the fitter should notify corgi of the installation who would then apparently write to the homeowner.
I had a replacement combi boiler (Vokera Syntesi) fitted in September 2005 but I have never received anything from corgi and was not aware that I should.
My original boiler (Vokera Eclipse) kept breaking down and we contacted Vokera to get it fixed but still kept having problems which would have been expensive to fix and so decided to bite the bullet and get a replacement. The Vokera service engineer gave us a verbal quote but said he did not install them, just service them although he did know someone who could do it. We ordered the boiler and used his recommended installer to fit it. The boiler was installed and we haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) but as mentioned at the start of this thread we did not receive anything from corgi. The installer filled in the benchmark book including his corgi registration details which check out OK on the corgi website.
My question is whether the corgi notification system was current at that time and if so should I check with corgi whether my appliance is registered with them and what would be the outcome if it is not. My main concern is that if I call Vokera out to rectify a fault would they use that as a reason to invalidate my guarantee ?

Sponsored Links
Notifying The Kennel Club is a condition of registration, it is not the Law, and the installer can notify Building control direct under the Competent persons scheme.

Provided the benchmark is filled out and the waranttee sent of you will not have any problems.

Manufacturer would not know or care if it had been notified to CORGI. Apart from Alpha Boilers because they offer to do it for the installer and pay the fee.

If you cannot get the original installer to do it and another registered installer wont (and I certainly wouldnt put my name to someone elses install!!) then you can get local building control to come and do it, but boy it will cost you.

Stan

Sponsored Links
pannierstan said:
If you cannot get the original installer to do it and another registered installer wont (and I certainly wouldnt put my name to someone elses install!!) then you can get local building control to come and do it, but boy it will cost you.

Stan

The installer can notify Building control at NO cost.

Thats fine if you read my thread IF you can get him back to do it.

Stan

I probably wont bother if I shouldn't have a problem with guarantee, although what would corgi say if I informed them and provided the benchmark sheet with the installers details on it which they could confirm the installation with.

You may not have a prob with the warrantee but what about the home information report should you want to sell your house

scarey aint it

;)

Im not worried about the home information report, there are bigger problems like rewiring to worry about as far as thats concerned and the rules for the home information report could turn out to be unworkable after its been going for a few years.
I will also be amazed if I still have this boiler up and running when I think about selling up based on past experience with boilers seeming like they are designed to fail after a few years, especially with PCB's seeming to be so tempremental.

welll after tea she left the house holding two bricks so I would hide pop???

;)

[/quote
I will also be amazed if I still have this boiler up and running when I think about selling up based on past experience with boilers seeming like they are designed to fail after a few years, especially with PCB's seeming to be so tempremental.]

Good point, but to be fair to the PCB's, they're not as temperamental as the people who change them before or instead of diagnosing the true fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back