Corgi programmable unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My grandad has the above controller. Heating works if you turn the room stat and the hot water works if you press hot water on the programmer

Problem is even if I set a heating timer whatever we do if we then the room stay up the boiler fires. I'm hoping to get it so the room stats on but only comes on with the programs

The boilers a Worcester Bosch 15ri the system is gravity fed

I have looked through the instructions but for some reason the room stat seems to bypass the programmer even though it's wired in to it

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Has it always done this?

If so wrongly wired!

Tony

The old controller was ancient. I have followed the corgi website to check for wiring and alls coreect

I have noticed no2 hot water off doesn't have anything connected to it.

It's / like the programmer doesn't cut the switch to the boiler

http://corgicontrols.co.uk/?ddownload=687

Here's what's check mine has a 3 port valve

The room stat live number 4 c heating on neutral is boiler switch

Switch is to white on the diverter valve

Pity you never said at first that you have fitted a new programmer and now it does not work.

Many would say call a pro!

Sponsored Links
It does work just not the programmer for setting timings hot water works when you put it on if you move the room stat central heating works

This is the layout if it. Makes sense exactly as the corgi website says

Attachments

• IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 119
Your heating system is incorrectly wired. It will need wiring correctly in order to work. I would call someone familiar with heating systems to wire it properly.

Well, there seems to be an extra wire 'live' on the valve, the roomstat call is going to orange on the valve, the cylinder stat cable only has 3 cores and not 4 so there is no hot water off signal....

Thank you any ideas where the grey from the diverter goes then

I'm tempted to change the room stat as I don't think it's wired correctly anyway it's about 30 years old have a new Drayton one here I can test

There is no shortage of diagrams on the internet, as we said you have more than one wiring error, there is no point in changing the room stat if all the other wiring is still wrong, everything on this type of system is some way interlinked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back