corgi question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if someone does some work that should be corgi only (or whatever its called these days) and they are not, does this work legally have to be redone by a registered person?

Sponsored Links
yes or at least checked and certified. "Gas safe" has taken over from corgi now.

No it doesnt, it all depends what it is whether done in own house or another house etc .
I think anyone would struggle to find it says it must legally be checked once its in.
Believe it or not once its in even for a day it becomes an existing installation and not new, stupid but thats how its looked on.

Sponsored Links
ok heres the story

i managed to put a screw through gas pipe, my first time i will add.

called transco got told if its inside eff off basically.

gas leccy off

called some guys all busy. so customer says i know someone. calls him 4 million years later he comes and fixes

hes not in the trade anymore apparantly but f knows what trade he was in.

i was just wondering if it would need fixing as i tiled over it lol

thought i might get the job of putting the tiles back down when they need to be removed :LOL:

No one will be interested
Transco should and must come out so fek knows what halfwit answered phone......Mind they would not have fixed it but capped it off

i found a lupehole in esp's system.

If we call them for an ID appliance due to spillage which the customer won't let us isolate on their system it goes down as a gas leak. I asked why? "because you can't smell CO so it must be gas escape." But it is my smoke match I can smell and I am a gas fitter. "Our system cals it a gas leak" Well your system is stupid then.

This conversation isn't with the script parrotter you phone, this is with the qualified bloke who came to respond.

The problem with their system is that because there is a "report of gas escape" they have a zero drop policy. We had 1.5mb drop over 2 minutes, nobody smells gas non event for us.

A demonstration of the problem you get when you don't have intelligent people designing your system.

Anyway we found the gas leak it was the gas cock on a wall heater.

What is the point in training us properly when you get a numpty to design the systems we work within?

Back