corner beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am going to hardwall my block wall, but i am unsure what bead to use. would i use a thick coat bead and leave enough so when i skim over the hardwall it still meets the corner bead? or would i use a thin coat beat on top of the hardwall and thick coat bead. thanks

Sponsored Links
If you're going to put a coat of Hardwall onto a block wall, you would use a "thick coat corner bead" for the external corner/s in the room. Using a straight edge and a spirit level,, fix/plumb the bead to the wall corner, using dabs of plaster,, let it set up, then float coat with hardwall.
Some people do "scrape back" down the edge/s of corner beading, to allow for the coats of multi finish,, but as i've said in other posts, i never do,, i just feather the finish, away to nothing at the bead edge. There's really very little in it at the end of the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back