Corner units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've just fitted the doors and handles to 1 of 4 corner units and the door is hitting the opposite door handle.

I did the exact same thing on a previous kitchen, but they have now changed the design. Instead of it being a fixed corner post, it is now fitted to the door and it's not as big.

I have been told to cut down the horizontal parts of the handles by about 10mm, which will allow the door to pass.

I've fitted the handles 50mm in from the edge, but for it to pass I would need the one handle to be in from the edge about 80mm.

I obviously can't change all the handles, but I could just change it on the one door for all the corner units.

What is the best way to go?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Wall units?
Without a post you fit just one handle as you then always open that side first, the other side needs none.

Hi foxhole.

They are wall and floor units.

It is B&Q's IT range. I fitted one a couple of years ago and they had fixed corner posts, whereas now they are connected to the doors.

Is it right that all doors with the post fixed do not have a handle (both floor and wall units)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Base units can use door with the other hinged off it [bi-fold], so the handle position does not foul. Two opening doors would give access problems if they are narrow.

Yes, they are the units pinenot.

I've put handles on both doors for the base units and they're fine. I've kept the handles off the one door on the wall units and it works, it just looks a bit weird.

Thanks all for your advice.

These corner units are designed to allow better access than was achieved when a fixed corner post was incorporated and the best doors are, as previously mentioned, is folding doors i.e. one door hinged from the other and one only hinged to the cabinet, in my opinion that is...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back