Corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any tips for getting perfectly painted internal corners? On our 3rd room or the house now , and i still cant get them 100% without touching the 'otherside' . Or should i just paint rooms one colour !!

Sponsored Links
Decent quality brushes with a thick stock , such as Hamilton 'perfection' or 'contractor' at least & preferably 'part worn' ...You need to be able to apply pressure to the brush as you draw it down (or up) without splaying-out, you wont manage easily this with cheapo brushes ;)

& use a wide brush; most make the mistake of using a small brush to cut in. A small brush may seem the obvious choice but, except for the extreme corners, it will hinder rather than help you achieve a straight line & applying a constant pressure to the bristles is the key, as LJW62 suggests. ;)

Sponsored Links
I find 'Ansa' brushes from B&Q very good for that sort of work.

Thanks, i have been using a 1" brush :oops: I have decent quality brushes (i think) £20ish quid from the local builders merchant for 4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back