Cornwall will be getting £3m instead of £100m. A lovely Brexit Bonus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19571108.cornwall-get-just-3m-replacement-funding-leaving-eu/

I do like these Brexit Bonuses for those who voted for Brexit. This is exactly what they voted for and I hope they get it in spades.

56.5% voted for this, they knew.

Prior to Brexit Cornwall had qualified for funding from the European Union due to it being recognised as one of the poorest regions in Europe.

As a result Cornwall could have been receiving £100m a year to help provide economic stimulus and support projects which would provide everything from employment and skills to infrastructure.

(y) I approve of this Brexit.

A list of Brexit wins was compiled.

1. Roaming charges - yep, got that.

2. Food shortages due to loss of EU staff - yep, got that. According to the Food and Drink Federation chief executive the shortages will be permanent.

3. £800 million a week loss to businesses - yep, got that.

4. Fishermen unable to export to EU - yep, got that.

5. Farmers future in doubt due to loss of EU workers and tariff protections - yep, got that.

6. Mass slaughter of animals abbatoirs can't now take due to loss of EU workers - yep, got that.

7. Less regional money from UK government than from EU - yep, got that. It's what Cornwall voted for.

8. Restaurants closing due to loss of EU staff - yep, got that.

9. Sturents worse off after Erasmus gone - yep, got that.

10. HGV firms going bust due to loss of EU workers and drop in EU trade - yep, got that.

11. Musicians unable to tour in EU - yep, got that.

12. Supply chains collapsing due to red tape - yep, got that.

13. Goods arriving unchecked into UK - yep, got that.

14. Illegal migrant numbers spiralling - yep, got that.

15. Untreated sewage dumped in rivers and sea as port problems disrupt chemical supply - yep, got that.

16. Trade balance slump to the worst in Northern Europe - yep, got that.

17. Climate pledges abandoned to do trade deals - yep, got that. (Thank you Australia)

18. Massive increase in red tape for exporters - yep, got that.

19. Trade deals on worse terms than the EU gets - yep, got that.

20. Decline in the standing of the City - yep, got that.

21. Loss of financial services - yep, got that.

22. Loss of free right to travel, work or retire in EU - yep, got that.

23. Border down the Irish sea - yep, got that.

24. The UK union now at risk of collapse - yep, got that.

25. Britain viewed as a deceitful country - yep, got that.

26. And of course £350 million a week for the NHS - yep, got that.

And counting. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just move to an EU country rather than just whine day after day on a DIY Forum?.

How many of your posts are actually relevant to DIY at all (1% if that??).

Brexit is the least of his problems. He's gonna be found hanging from tree if he don't sort his head out. So miserable every day poor fooker.

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/19571108.cornwall-get-just-3m-replacement-funding-leaving-eu/

I do like these Brexit Bonuses for those who voted for Brexit. This is exactly what they voted for and I hope they get it in spades.

Prior to Brexit Cornwall had qualified for funding from the European Union due to it being recognised as one of the poorest regions in Europe.

As a result Cornwall could have been receiving £100m a year to help provide economic stimulus and support projects which would provide everything from employment and skills to infrastructure.

2. Food shortages due to loss of EU staff - yep, got that. According to the Food and Drink Federation chief executive the shortages will be permanent.

5. Farmers future in doubt due to loss of EU workers and tariff protections - yep, got that.

6. Mass slaughter of animals abbatoirs can't now take due to loss of EU workers - yep, got that.

7. Less regional money from UK government than from EU - yep, got that. It's what Cornwall voted for.

10. HGV firms going bust due to loss of EU workers and drop in EU trade - yep, got that.

15. Untreated sewage dumped in rivers and sea as port problems disrupt chemical supply - yep, got that.

17. Climate pledges abandoned to do trade deals - yep, got that. (Thank you Australia)

Brexit - what a pile of poo.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just move to an EU country rather than just whine day after day on a DIY Forum?.

How many of your posts are actually relevant to DIY at all (1% if that??).
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 09.19.00.png

Went to the South West not long before the Brexit note...

There were many boards up outside development sites stating 'funded by the EU'...

And yet the stupid tw*ts voted leave...

One by one the lies of the leave campaign are being shown to have been just that - lies!

And I have no sympathy for brexiteers who will suffer...

My sympathy is with those who voted against brexit but who are suffering all the same!

I do believe the Brexit vote makes that rather difficult :rolleyes:

Do think before you type!

Why don't you just move to an EU country

What you really mean is “I voted for Brexit and I want to keep on believing I made the right decision, I do not want to be exposed to anything that shows I was wrong”

Before Brexit: £100 million goes to Cornwall

after Brexit £3 million goes to Cornwall £97 million goes to private healthcare contracts at xompanies where Tory MPs gat paid a “consultancy fee”

And the thing that’s really grim….those points are all true.

Annual £7.5bn cost of EU trade as bad for business as no-deal Brexit

British businesses will spend £7.5 billion a year handling customs declarations — as much as they would have done under a no-deal Brexit — the tax office admitted yesterday.

Jim Harra, chief executive of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), told MPs that the number of customs forms needed to trade with the European Union under the Brexit deal “is not materially different from a no-deal situation”.

Sponsored Links
Back