Coronavirus testing.

Until people are admitted to hospital, when they will still be tested. So just a delay until it's really late.

In which case, a lockdown would be justified.

Is a lockdown justified for people who are, self - evidently, well enough to walk or drive into a test centre, and certainly well enough to persevere in the face of the many challenges to actually get an appointment at all?
Serious question to open a discussion.

Sponsored Links

Is a lockdown justified for people who are, self - evidently, well enough to walk or drive into a test centre, and certainly well enough to persevere in the face of the many challenges to actually get an appointment at all?
The lockdown is to restrict the spread in the community. If the R value is over 1 then it starts doubling and doubling until we are back at hundreds dying a day.

I'm not convinced that 'lockdowns' are the right approach, the idea should be to find the combination of rules that allow the greatest return to normal with the least restrictions, whilst keeping R below 1. That shouldn't be temporary lockdowns and releases but a sustainable level of rules to follow, tweaked slightly depending on how things go.

In practice, it'll be harder than that

is a lockdown justified for people who are, self - evidently, well enough to walk or drive into a test centre, and certainly well enough to persevere in the face of the many challenges to actually get an appointment at all?

the purpose is to reduce transmission of the infection.

Their ability to walk around does not mean they will not infect others.

Mrs Mottie's view on that is if you are showing symptoms, just isolate for 5 days!

Sponsored Links
no offence to anyone with limited intelligence and common sense. if you lose your sense of taste or smell develop a cough and or temperature you may have covid. so standing in a queue or driving around like a remedial does what? just stay out of peoples way for a week , do you really HAVE to have a badge that says ive got covid so you can put it on ars3holebook ?
if you display clear symptoms of coronavirus and are still too feckin dumb to know then maybe this world ain’t for you right?

no offence to anyone with limited intelligence and common sense. if you lose your sense of taste or smell develop a cough and or temperature you may have covid. so standing in a queue or driving around like a remedial does what? just stay out of peoples way for a week , do you really HAVE to have a badge that says ive got covid so you can put it on ars3holebook ?
if you display clear symptoms of coronavirus and are still too feckin dumb to know then maybe this world ain’t for you right?
And if anyone else in your household has those symptoms then you've also got to stay out of people's way for two weeks.

In which case crack on. Thankfully no one needs to work for a fortnight if their child has a cold.

And if anyone else in your household has those symptoms then you've also got to stay out of people's way for two weeks.

In which case crack on. Thankfully no one needs to work for a fortnight if their child has a cold.
sorted. but as we know from this forum alone, plenty of boffins with intelligence (mainly google intelligence) but about as much common sense as a 6mm bolt in an 8mm hole.

mother specifically on HIV

Ive heard viroligists that worked on HIV have said it is unbelievable the speed that the world has researched , studied and on already phase 3 of vaccine testing

of course HIV predated high speed internet.

I think employment rules and schools now make testing a requirement for anybody with symptoms
and that has caused overload

I think there has to be better screening of symptoms to cut out the people with colds etc and of course high capacity for testing

despite my constant criticism of the government, they have my sympathy in regards to setting rules -it must be a nightmare

Ive heard viroligists that worked on HIV have said it is unbelievable the speed that the world has researched , studied and on already phase 3 of vaccine testing

of course HIV predated high speed internet.
Target population would be a big factor. HIV has a massive stigma, if you caught it then you were gay or a druggie, so unworthy of any care. It's also a lot slower acting and a lot more rare, none of which helped.

My hope is that post Covid-19 we get better at doing this sort of research and development. The UK is really, really good at it thanks to the NHS and the continual testing and experimentation they run. Perhaps therest of the world might catch up a bit. Even so the Recovery and Remapcap teams stepped up a level for Covid-19.

I think employment rules and schools now make testing a requirement for anybody with symptoms
and that has caused overload

I think there has to be better screening of symptoms to cut out the people with colds etc and of course high capacity for testing

despite my constant criticism of the government, they have my sympathy in regards to setting rules -it must be a nightmare

The problem is 3/4 of people show no symptoms at all.
Logically then, testing is pretty much pointless anyway.

Logically then, we should do more testing so that infected people can be identified and isolated to prevent them spreading the disease.

Logically then, we should do more testing so that infected people can be identified and isolated to prevent them spreading the disease.
Which myself and BD have already posted (don't test those who are coughing ; test those who aren't).

Its not pointless, it shows that trace is a vital element.

If one person has symptoms, testing all those that may have had contact will result in testing some that would be positive and asymptomatic.

I'm guessing this is all about mathematical modelling.

The only good thing at the moment is that there aren't many hospital cases so not many are getting very ill. That may be because the more vulnerable a person is, the more vigilant they will be shielding.

Sponsored Links
Back