Correct Boiler Size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone help me with a query on boiler sizes please. I am pricing various boilers up and have done a boiler size calculation on the SEDBUK website which throws out a boiler size of 12.7KW. When looking at specifications of various boilers they DHW input and output and CH input and output. Which one of these do I base my house size calculations on or would either of these combis be adequate. Glowworm30cxi / Vaillant 828 Ecomax. Any guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I thought I was clueless....

Hey son you take the biscuit.......;)

ps...I'm learning about DIAPHRAGM's....:)

Sponsored Links
your boilers will modulate for the CH output and in most cases are more than capable of meeting CH demand due to the amount of kw they need to heat the DHW, in your case a 30kw will provide more than twice the amount of heat that you actually need for your central heating but this is only beacause the boiler needs 30kw for a decent hot water flow rate.
If you went for a heat only boiler then you would get away with say a 16kw boiler (12kw CH + 2kw DHW cylinder + 10%).

Thanks for the helpful replies. Gives me a good idea of the power I should be looking for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back