Correct procedure to Isolate Baxi 33 HE A to check leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a newly installed BAXI 33 HE A combi that is losing pressure. I'd like to isolate it to check for internal leaks before calling the engineer back out. I'd like advice on the correct procedure. I understand that leaving it isolated overnight should be sufficient.

I presume that I need to turn off the heating flow and heating return?

Do I need to turn off the cold water inlet?

Finally, should the boiler be left on whilst doing this or should it be turned completely off?

Many thanks,

DNM.

Sponsored Links
I would follow the advice of the installer and see how he/she would like to play it....

would you like to be told " I looked on the internet and it said to...."?

DH

Cold inlet does not need to be off. If the system is already at full pressure when you isolate the flow and return then you will be able to use the hot water as normal but don't try and turn on the heating.

Would echo that you should be in contact with the installer though.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried tying a bag over the pressure relief pipe that pokes outside the wall usually behind the boiler. It is possible you have expansion vessel issues.
If the pressure goes down overnight when you have isolated the boiler then this probably where the water has gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back