Correct shower for boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear forum

This is my first post.

I have just purchased a 3 bed property which has a year old central heating system installed. The boiler is a Worcester Bosch GreenStar 28i junior. There are 7 radiators in the house, some small but they all seem to heat the house well.

I would like to install a shower as I'm redoing the bathroom, currently there is a very old electric shower over the bath (its ugly). I have been told that I need to select the correct shower for the system?
The one I'm considering is a thermostatically controlled mixer shower that requires a minimum pressure of 0.5 bar (operates at 0.5 - 5 bar) and has a flow rate of 6-15 ltrs per min.

Please can you tell me if this will be a good match, or tell me what to look out for when considering my selection?

Also, if the shower is running and a toilet is flushed - will this effect the hot water in the shower?

Many thanks!

Joe

Sponsored Links
As long as you have reasonable water pressure combis are brilliant with showers.

Some shower manufacturers have picture codes on the side of the packaging box which indicate whether they are suitable for combis. If that doesn't say, then get the make and model and get on the manufacturers website and ask them. They are the only people with a definitive answer, but my inclination is to say its most likely to be fine.

Don't forget to read and obey the instructions either.

If you flush the toilet then the shower will be deprived of some water. You may get it going v. hot for a sec then cold as the stat kicks in. It comes back OK.

Alf

all new thermostatically controlled shower valves should never go very hot, if their is a difference in pressures to either H or C then the valve will open the cold further. with a combi u still may get this however the more expensive a valve u fit u will only notice a diff in pressure not temp when other applinances are used. if you water pressure and flow rate are goos you should have no probs, just remember some valves come set up for tank fed some for high pressure, a lot do both and u either fit or take out the restrictors

Sponsored Links
The Mira Combiforce is a good valve designed for this kind of application, have a look at that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back