correct size of radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me how I get the correct size of replacement radiator. Is this the size between the pipework centres or the original radiator panel size.

Ken

Sponsored Links
On most radiators, the threads that accept the fittings finish flush with the end of the radiator. the length is the length of the radiator panel.

The radiator valves are seperate items, and made to whatever dimensions the manufacturers deem suitable, so the distance between the pipes may differ a fraction between products from different manufacturers. The differences are usually of little consequence.

There are extension tails available to fit between the radiator and valve. They are particularly useful if replacing an Imperial sized radiator with an equivalent metric one.

The main reason for asking is that I want to replace a single panel rad for a twin. But I was a little unsure as to how to get the correct sizing of this rad to replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back