Replacing a radiator - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we need to replace our old rusty radiator in our small bathroom and would like to replace it with a towel radiator and would like to do this without having to move the current pipes coming out of the floor. We can't find a radiator with our current pipe centre size as our radiator can't be more than 480mm wide. Can I use a radiator tail valve? Our old radiator sizes are: 480mm (W) 730mm (H) and Pipe Centre is 560mm... The new radiator sizes are: 400mm (W) 1000mm (H) and the Pipe Centre is 350mm I need 105mm on each side if I am correct lol
Hope this is possible as we can't find a radiator in the old sizes.

Sponsored Links
Before you proceed, just be aware that a towel warmer will only emit about one third of the heat that a single radiator of the same size does, and that is reduced down to almost nothing when it is covered with fluffy insulating towels. So, unless your bathroom is super warm, then you should be looking at installing another radiator as well, either that or get used to being cold in there.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back