Correct tile sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone tell me which would be the best tile cleaner and then sealer for some black opal tiles (Gulf Stone conglomerate quartz resin).

I understand Lithofin seem to be around the best, but they have so many different products its hard to choose!

I presume you clean + seal before grouting, then the same after?

The tiles are in an ensuite (floor).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
cheers tictac.

I spoke to Lithofin and they recommended MN powerclean and then MN stainstop.

Does anyone know how these compare to the products Topps Tiles sells - or even if Topps sells Lithofin products?

ok..i dont really like giving advice on sealing tiles.as if it "the first and only time" you or anyone will be doing IT..

it can be a HIT and MISS when applying any sealer...to much and you will notice it..to little and it wont work.. ;)

before grouting you will want to give the tiles a very good clean(clean water and sponge)..etc

leave them to dry..

using the sealer apply eveningly either using some JAY clothes(lint free) or a small roller,or even a sponge and apply in one direction,after doing an area if you have applied to much sealer,then using a very CLEAN grout squeegey run this over the tiles at an angle taking any excess off the tiles..

let sealer dry in..read mfr insrtuctions for times and if a 2nd coat is required..

as i have said it CAN be tricky applying any sealer to tiles..so dont come back on and give me a hard time ..please, if it goes wrong,its hard to explain if you aint done it before..its pretty easy if you have been doing it for some time.. ;) :)

best off.

Sponsored Links
ment to say as well..
when applying sealer mate...put a pair of marigolds or them surgical gloves on..this way you wont seal any FINGERPRINTS/PALM PRINTS...etc.. onto the tiles(underneath the sealer).. :LOL: ;)

cheers mate - any advice is appreciated and I would never "hold" you to anything. If I get it wrong, then is my problem!

But you can never have too much advice I say!

cheers mate - any advice is appreciated and I would never "hold" you to anything. If I get it wrong, then is my problem!

But you can never have too much advice I say!

:LOL: :LOL: ;)
just take yer time kevd..it aint a race.. ;)

some say to much knowledge is a dangerous thing to have. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back