correct wire for downlights...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

just wondered if anyone could help?

I'm fitting 6 downlights in my lounge of my flat, off a 2 way switch. just wondered if 1.5mm wire is enough? it's running into 6 transformers for 50w lights.

thanks

Sponsored Links
1.5mm² is fine, although maybe you should research cable ratings and circuit loadings a little more before embarking on such a project.....

extra low voltage lighting installations are notifiable work unless installing CE marked lighting Kit types.....the o.p. tends to give the impression he is not installing such a kit . {Re :your deleted post Ricicle mate ! ]

Sponsored Links
Wired in fair few before but have always been guided as to what is needed but on my own for this one and just unsure if 1.5mm wire is enough for such lights or use 2mm instead?
cheers

I'm fitting 6 downlights in my lounge of my flat, off a 2 way switch. just wondered if 1.5mm wire is enough? it's running into 6 transformers for 50w lights.
300W of lighting in your lounge?

What kind of flat is this - an aircraft hangar conversion?

Anywhere at all; an extra-low voltage lighting system which is not a pre-assembled lighting set bearing the CE marking referred to in regulation 9 of the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 is classified as a "special installation".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back