Corruption, Cronyism and Conservatism alive and well

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-given-113m-test-and-trace-contract-zcw8q8qqz

One of the top officials at Test and Trace has quit and joined a private testing firm that recently landed a £113m government contract, having first met representatives of the company through her taxpayer-funded role.

Emma Stanton, 44, formerly the chief executive of a healthcare consultancy, joined England’s testing programme as director of supplies and innovation in July and says on her LinkedIn profile that she “led the expansion of Covid-19 testing supplies to deliver mass testing”.

On November 6, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) announced it had awarded a £112.6m contract to Oxford Nanopore Technologies.

Oxford Nanopore has also faced scrutiny after it emerged that a PR company run by Lord Feldman, a former chairman of the Tory party, was providing consultancy work to the firm.

Feldman served as an adviser to ministers on the Covid-19 response and met Oxford Nanopore alongside Matt Hancock, the health secretary, on April 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55275597

Covid PPE: Hospital gowns that cost £122m never used

The gowns were ordered by the government from a supplier which had set up just a month earlier, and no other companies were asked to bid for the contract.

Sponsored Links
That’s so easy to say now. Were you complaining at the time about lack of ppe, or do you still think it should have gone through a bidding process whilst the whole world were snapping up the stuff everywhere?
Cheap shot.

Sponsored Links
Some people have had it right off.
At the start of it when panic buying kicked off, my missus came back from the chemist all pleased with herself coz she’d managed to buy TWO completely **** face masks for £15.00!!!!! I nearly superglued their fxxxxxg locks that night!!!
Robbing cxxts

They were £15 for 3 crap ones in Jewsons :mad:

I now have a neck thing which pulls over my face, my sister had a load made with her shop logo on them.

Jewson’s are murder. Tried to charge me £6.00 + vat for 10 rubble sacks a couple of years ago.
Got my own back now though.... my mate is on the trade counter let’s me load up with whatever I want & drive out!

That’s so easy to say now. Were you complaining at the time about lack of ppe, or do you still think it should have gone through a bidding process whilst the whole world were snapping up the stuff everywhere?
Cheap shot.

that's an interesting point.

should the nation have spent millions on facemasks for the NHS
that did not comply with NHS standards
but were obtained by a tory buddy?

One of these people is matt hancock

one is his neighbour the pub landlord

nobody in this picture has any experience of healthcare equipment

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fc061d000-3018-11eb-ad99-2498151d5fd1.jpg

so obviously the buddy was given a £30million contract

OK with you, @Dangee

Dodgy dealings exist in most if not all political party's

Tis the way it is

Compared to most of the world the UK is pretty clean

Def cleaner than most of the EU ;)

Sponsored Links
Back