Corruption, Cronyism and Conservatism alive and well

Sponsored Links
You lost me...I am not trying to buy anything.

Some thing hcaopend in Northern Ireland a while back

2 gays went into a bakery to order there wedding cake the cake was to be decorated celebrating gay marriage

Baker had religious beliefs and refused the cake order(his right)

He was prosecuted and fined for discrimination

I don't disagree with the OPs assertion, however hand on heart can we all say we'd never do likewise in similar situations? Nepotism. Assuming no rules are being blatantly broken, wouldn't we be tempted to give priority to relatives and friends?

Maybe a rubbish/tenuous analogy, it's like people saying 'it's an absolute DISGRACE that top footballers earn hundreds of thousands a WEEK! Disgusting!!!' Fast forward a decade and their little Tommy is now one of those top 1% footballers, earning insane amounts of cash. Wonder if the same view would still be held as firmly by them?

Generally, we like a good moan, however how much of it is driven by jealousy as oppose to completely altruistic reasons?

Sponsored Links
Don't care what footballers earn

Pay em a million a week for all I care

It does not come from the tax. Payer it's private money ;)

I contribute zilch to foot ball or footballers wages

I was thinking just now I might like to be a member of the House of Lords.

But I am not a brother of Boris Johnson and did not go to school with him.

Sadly this will greatly reduce my chances.

Why should believing in any god be treated with any more reverance than believing in the tooth fairy?...To answer your question..They would all be pizzed off...But Hitler and the Holocaust is a totally different issue and one I would never mock, nothing to do with my religious thoughts.
Some people don't believe in the holocaust just as some people don't believe in God, so according to your logic these people should allowed to mock those who do believe in it.

I was thinking just now I might like to be a member of the House of Lords.

But I am not a brother of Boris Johnson and did not go to school with him.

Sadly this will greatly reduce my chances.

Yes fortunately u will never sit in the Lords

And Tf for that

There are enough bigots and b*** E ds in there as it is :LOL::LOL:

Some thing hcaopend in Northern Ireland a while back

2 gays went into a bakery to order there wedding cake the cake was to be decorated celebrating gay marriage

Baker had religious beliefs and refused the cake order(his right)

He was prosecuted and fined for discrimination
The appeal court in London threw that case out of court and questioned why the baker had been prosecuted in the first place.
The whole case cost almost half a million quid, the most expensive cake that was never made.

The appeal court in London threw that case out of court and questioned why the baker had been prosecuted in the first place.
The whole case cost almost half a million quid, the most expensive cake that was never made.

Yes I recall that now

As u implied previously (?)

What would have happened if it had been an Islamic bakery ;)

You lost me...You are taking the analogy to stupid lengths..
My original post was about the case of a baker who refused to bake a cake with slogans that were against his religious beliefs, the baker was prosecuted and ordered to pay compensation.
Fortunately the case was thrown out on appeal by the supreme Court in London.

Don't care what footballers earn
Pay em a million a week for all I care
It does not come from the tax. Payer it's private money ;)
I contribute zilch to foot ball or footballers wages

My point was more to do with how our view on things can change if we're directly involved and/or can influence outcomes. If you can say with 100% certainty you'd always completely adhere to the moral route because it's tax payers money then fair enough.

My original post was about the case of a baker who refused to bake a cake with slogans that were against his religious beliefs, the baker was prosecuted and ordered to pay compensation.
Fortunately the case was thrown out on appeal by the supreme Court in London.
Laws,daft laws and appeals etc are different to having opposing religious views etc...Always going to be friction at the ""cutting edge"" of new laws and offending religious groups.If the law is that you cannot discrimate against homosexuals etc..then that is the law,you cannot turn them away because of the bible.The law always has to "trump" religion..otherwise you could break any law and say it tells me I can in my bible..or whatever relgion one follows.

Laws,daft laws and appeals etc are different to having opposing religious views etc...Always going to be friction at the ""cutting edge"" of new laws and offending religious groups.If the law is that you cannot discrimate against homosexuals etc..then that is the law,you cannot turn them away because of the bible.The law always has to "trump" religion..otherwise you could break any law and say it tells me I can in my bible..or whatever relgion one follows.

Not so

Some religious groups are granted excemption from some laws

Sponsored Links
Back