Corsa 1.3 CDTi Active ecoflex 12plate

N

nauseous

Hi.....Anyone got one or knows about them or has an opinion on one? would appreciate any advice plse.
There's one for sale not far from me, 3 dr, alloys, white, great looking car, am tempted. What about short journeys in a modern diesel? will it cause it problems. There's something else about it, it seems too cheap 2300... less than 50k mls on the clock...hmmm?

Sponsored Links
As with any small diesel, lubrication history is absolutely essential - these engines seem to be on the limit for their service interval.
EGR problems are common, together with DPF issues, again these aren't particular to this particular engine.
I would say though, if you intend to do short journeys or lots of stop / starts, go for a petrol car.
The trade aren't too keen on these, hence the value - and if the car doesn't start well from cold, or displays any management light then walk away.
John :)

As with any small diesel, lubrication history is absolutely essential - these engines seem to be on the limit for their service interval.
EGR problems are common, together with DPF issues, again these aren't particular to this particular engine.
I would say though, if you intend to do short journeys or lots of stop / starts, go for a petrol car.
The trade aren't too keen on these, hence the value - and if the car doesn't start well from cold, or displays any management light then walk away.
Certainly a turnaround from the old days when basic diesels were the ones for stop start deliveries - then came turbos, egr's, electronics, ad nauseam. Having said that I followed a M8 in a brand new 1973 land rover, (after running in) it blew the engine - like James Bond smokescreen it was. I could hardly brake for laughing. Luckily I didn't run into him.

Sponsored Links
Thats what we diesel drivers have to put up with but Ive had numerous vehicles with DPFs and never had to replace one.....but we dont (cant) do short runs because of where we live.
Diesels need to run nice and hot for a long time to keep them sweet - if you cant provide that then a petrol vehicle would be best.

Resemble or resent, or both ?;)
No i literally resemble it and have been waiting on here 24-7 for months for a chance to use it, not really. :whistle:
Yes i think you're right, it's probably a bad idea but am drawn to it for some strange reason, prob the price. Had a look on ebay
for similar model, yr, miles etc, some are asking about 4k, would have thought he'd be asking atleast 3k for it, idk. Will go see it when got time.

Apparently the ecu unit is prone to water ingress because of where it is placed, under the wipers are drain holes which can clog and the
water back up. Easy fixable would have thought.

Took it out for a spin today, really nice an tite and fast too. Trouble is the bloke who's selling isn't the owner
and a bit vague but did say it's had some prang but just a wing and front bumper replaced but didn't know if it was a cat C or not. Looks like it needs one of them vehicle check products or maybe my insurer can advise me if i rang them to get a quote for a change of vehicle.

A few alarm bells ringing here, I think......is the V5 form available for you to see?
If the car is priced below book, there is a reason!

Yeah the v5 is present but didn't notice any irregularity's. My insurance company helped me out a bit
but were also slightly vague, which she mentioned the data protection thing, but did tell me a few things.
Mentioned cat S & N which one is possible structural or crumple zone damage but can be repairable.
Best she could come up with was for me to take it for an mot lol, which i wasn't aware you could anyway cos it's not due till mid dec! It's recently had one. Got hold of the actual owner on the phone. He's an old man, bless him, and a little bit confused, says the accident it was involved in was the prev owner and he's had it mot'd twice with no issues.. Not sure where to take this as i quite like the car. Maybe an independent survey but can't see the seller/agent agreeing to pay for that.

For sure it could be a good buy, but I'd want to know what the involvement of the seller is as he's not the owner.
Iis also vital to determine if the car has been written off - I've no idea what an insurer's attitude would be as I've never been there. You can get an MOT at any time to prove road worthiness at that specific time (unless the law has changed) however.
They do have a crisp motor - albeit with quite pronounced turbo lag on occasion.

He's not a motor dealer, just takes a commission from the owner on a sale. I can't really see the point in another MOT, they passed it mid Dec. I'll take another look tomorrow at the v5 and maybe crawl underneath
with a torch.

As far as I understand it, the MOT law has now changed and if a car with an existing MOT has another and fails, it cannot be driven OTR until it passes.

As far as I understand it, the MOT law has now changed and if a car with an existing MOT has another and fails, it cannot be driven OTR until it passes.

It's not that simple any more. If it has failed with 'dangerous' faults it cannot be driven OTR but if it has failed with 'major' faults it can be if your old MOT is still valid.

I often wonder if they've done it on purpose to make it easier to fine people.

Sponsored Links
Back