corsa electrics trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have recently put a new radio in my corsa, worked great for a while then suddenly no power to the radio, the electric windows wont work and neither will the wing mirrors

any ideas please?
do they run off the same cuircit, sounds like a fuse to me?

thanks
tom

Sponsored Links
I would check all the fuses too.
The radio might have a small fuse installed in the rear of the radio, but for so many items to fail then he probability it's a common fuse supplying all these items.

Wotan

I did exactly the same as you have you've blowen a fuse

The fuse is under the bonnet it's a 15amp fuse, Don't trust that just from memory,

Halfords fixed it for free. you might be lucky but just shine a light through the fuses you'll see the one broken.

Unfortunatly they are on the same wireup as the rest of the things that's gone.

Just for future reference remove the earth cable to the battery before playing with these things. I do my own car speekers and stuff, Learing fast!

hi thanks for the replies, i changed the fuse, it was no 35, that has fixed the windows and wing mirrors, but the radio still wont work, no power to it at all, ive tried another radio and its not working either any ideas?

thanks again for the help

tom

Sponsored Links
You may well have blowen another fuse or you've posibley somehow fried a cable, Just check them over by feel you aught to be able to tell. it aught to be black if it's gone up in smoke.

Either that or it's being earthed somewhere. look for loose conections.

What year / model corsa? Because i had an 52 plate and i killed that the same way you have.

I didn't do it with the 03 thought!! :)

Back