Cortizo Patio Doors with Strengthening supports?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have just had an aluminium Cortizo 3 rail patio sliding door fitted. (Middle door slides, two side panels fixed) I went with Cortizo as my window fitter assured me they were a great door. On fitting the fitter has fit a 2 x 50 mm upright on the inside and outside as he said it's required to prevent flex. I have friends with similar doors from Smart and others that do not have these protruding uprights, in fact I dont think I have ever seen them fitted to any patio doors I have ever seen and my previous UPVC doors did not have this. My issue now is these uprights that extend 50mm from the doors have occupied my inside reveal prevent me from mounting my electronic roller blinds back up which as you can appreciate is a major issue . In fact due to the 2 50mm strengthening bars I cannot mount any form of internal blind in the reveal?

F8C501D5-E974-45D4-901D-D51E6B5B6573_1_105_c.jpeg
B05101F7-76C2-4CB7-9D8F-5213B8F51492_1_105_c.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back