Cost approximations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen several posts and articles in self-build magazines saying that as a very rough approximation allow £1k per square metre for building projects. (More if fully contracting, less if doing more of the work yourself)

My question isn't so much about the figure of £1k, but more about whether on a 2 storey extension, you would double the floor space- ie, if I build a 4mx3m 2 storey extension on the back, should I be looking at (12k) or (24k)?

Also, what about internal rearrangements which result from this kind of work?e.g. moving partition walls, which are not increasing the footprint?

Regards,

Paul

Sponsored Links
Yes its only a very approx figure though so allow 1K per m² per floor. Some builders will do it for £20K some will quote £50K! Depends on all sorts, the location, the access, the timescale required, a one man band or bigger firm, allsorts. Obviously any fees on top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back