Approximate Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new house purchase is about to go through.

The house is in need of modernisation, so would be greatful if u guys could give me an approximate cost for the following work;

1 .Knock down load bearing wall between kitchen and living room , wall is approximately 9 metres long.

2. Re-wire electrics

3. Have new kitchen installed, with tiling on floor and walls. 9m sq kitchen

4. loft room built

Sponsored Links
1 .Knock down load bearing wall between kitchen and living room , wall is approximately 9 metres long.
:eek: Kerrrrrchhhhing! And you're in London!

2. Re-wire electrics

4. loft room built

Really depends on quality of finish. Could be £1k/m² could be £3k/m².

:eek: Kerrrrrchhhhing! And you're in London!
I can add a double :eek: to that.. 9m is a seriously large opening and would need some really serious steelwork and foundations. Approximate cost.. well 5-10k there you go should cover worst case scenerio

2. Re-wire electrics
3-10k depending on house size and complexity

5k-35k depending on finish and appliances

4. loft room built
15k-45k depending on size/finish/complexity etc etc

So could be anything from 28-100k.. course location and access to the property can also add to costs..

Your better off getting a few quotes from local builders when you know what you really wanna do

Sponsored Links
Sorry, The measurement for the wall is actually 3.2 metres.

Hopefully, you guys can give me an approximate cost that won't make me want to kill myself, this time ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back