cost of a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am interested in getting built a 9ft wide by 30ft garage attached to the side of my house.The garage will have a flat roof and i would need to get a builder in to dig the foundations and do the brick work.I am prepared to do the roof,windows and doors just wondered if any one had an idea how much it would cost roughly for a builder to do foundations and brickwork?

Sponsored Links
Are you building in single skin (brick or block), 9" or cavity block & brick etc? Any windows, access door? Are there any services/drains to consider when digging? What is the access ie is it tight to neighbours or is it easily accessible etc. What about oversite concrete?

A single skin brick garage with piers should amount to approx 2000 bricks + with digging concreting to foundations (not inc oversite) and brickwork on a labour only basis shouldn't amount to much over a couple of thousand more or less dependant on your area of course and site conditions.

Footings approx 200 a linear meter @ 1 metre deep. (that should include everything, removal of spoil, concrete ect.)

Bricks @ approx 350-500 a thou labour only (as said depending on area.)

You might find our eastern european cousin would do it cheaper than that... what you'll get at the end tho is anybodies guess.

Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back