cost of a grp flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost to replace a flat roof with a grp one including new boards etc.The roof size is 18.5ftx9.5ft.Thankyou for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Not the answer to your question I know, but if this is DIY, then replacing a whole roof is notifiable to your local building control.. as they want to see that the insulation has been properly and adequately upgraded.

See here,

http://www.sfroofing.co.uk/cms/news/2010/03/23/flat-roof-building-regulations.html

so you will need to factor in the cost of a minimum 100mm insulation as well if you are replacing the boards.

Hi,would this apply to me,forgot to mention that the roof is on a detached garage .Thanks Hodgy

Dont think it would apply on detached garage. As it doesn't need insulating

Sponsored Links
Not the answer to your question I know, but if this is DIY, then replacing a whole roof is notifiable to your local building control.. as they want to see that the insulation has been properly and adequately upgraded.

See here,

http://www.sfroofing.co.uk/cms/news/2010/03/23/flat-roof-building-regulations.html

so you will need to factor in the cost of a minimum 100mm insulation as well if you are replacing the boards.

That site is scaremongering and out of date. It makes no mention of the 15 year payback, nor the fact that if a roof is repaired and not replaced, insulation is not required by the regs as laid down in Part L and its revisions. HIPS also no longer exist.

Yep hips out of date.

Yes no mention of repairs.. But original poster didn't refer to a repair they referred to replacement.

I can't remember now but it's something like if 75% of the roof is changed then the notification and insulation regulations apply.. Those do still stand as they are in the building regulations.

Those rules have not been dropped, due to government targets of reducing carbon emissions and eu commitments, which is why DIY window and door replacement is also notified, as a minimum rating of C is required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back