GRP balcony deck with decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are having a single story kitchen extension built with a sunken mansard flat roof section.

This will also include a 1x1m walk on glass roof skylight.

The roof deck area will be decked out with wooden decking boards to the level of the walk on glass (150mm above grp deck as per regs).

Any advice on the siteing of the decking board support structure in terms of direction in relation to roof drainage slope and possible rubber cushening under the timber to prevent rubbing/hole making into grp?

Sponsored Links
You do not need to have a wooden decking on the GRP as it will take foot traffic

Hi

The roof deck area will be decked out with wooden decking boards to the level of the walk on glass (150mm above grp deck as per regs).

There is a walk on glass skylight set into the grp deck, which sits 150mm above the grp deck, therfore to make the floor all the same level I need to raise the woor decking up to be flush with the top surface of the glass skylight.

This photo below shows what we will be doing.

http://www.nationaldomelightcompany....co.uk/UserFiles/Image/walkon_main1.jpg[/img]

I think you should run the joists with the flow of the rain water and if you place it straight on the grp it will start to rot as you mentioned putting some rubber on the bottom of your joists will help. another option maybe to use some of this recycled plastic I have seen around ie modern park benches or children's play grounds it is some form of plastic so if you used them for the joists then it should not rot and you can have real wood on top.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back