Sunken Mansard roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one got one of these or any experience of one?

Planning one as part of our next years project, architect is currently drawing up plans so will be able to post soon.

Roof will be warm deck with 2x1m "walk on " glass section to let light into inner part of original house now covered by 5 x 6 m single story extension.

Balcony (sunken area) will be about 3 x4 accessed from upper bedroom, similar to picture below.

All sunken section will be GRP'ed

wpe8ac0511_0a.jpg

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
Do you actually have any questions?

Don't skimp on the drainage if its running inside the house. Normal drainpipes are inadequate for such an installation.

Sponsored Links
That's a bit of a generic question like saying what are flat roofs like though isn't it? Excuse me for wanting clarification on what the hell you want, my crystal balls in the repair shop today. Just use standard drain pipes I'm sure you'll be fine.

That's a bit of a generic question like saying what are flat roofs like though isn't it? .

Err NO! Because I have asked about a specific type of roof and its style, i.e sunken mansard.

Simple question was do you have one or experience of one? If you dont, need need to reply!

with the risk of putting ideas into your artichoke`s head :LOL: I would have glassfibre lined oblong ducts about 4 x6 inches run through the roof void and out onto the tiles - integrating with the f/glassed roof - not lead ( which I made up for a roof years ago )because of the bonding of lead/fibreglass issues ;) . As an aside I`m sure I saw Freddymercurys twin in a pub in Brighton recently - with the Village people :eek:

Thanks Nigel

I have been in email with a GRP/Glass compnay that have done this type of roof and they mentioned what you have said about the ducting.

I am planning to have it all as GRP/glass and no lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back