Walk on glass skylight - any tips or advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, think this is the best section for this?

As part of a kitchen extension, we are planning on having a 1x1m walk on glass skylight fitted (as par to the balcony above) to let some natural light into the inner part of the house that will be enclosed by the new extension.

We have had the planning permission approved and building regs submitted and they just want to see cals for the skylight roof structure.

Has anyone fitted this type of glass? Any tips or advice about them? The roof decking covering will be grp, and then decking to bring it flush with the top of the glass (150 mm up stand)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Well what do you want to know, sounds like you have everything sorted with regs drawings and details of the rooflight submitted. As long as its well detailed you'll not get any problems. Make sure your builder fits is level and your decking is put in level and you're good to go.

Think it needs to be at least 30.5mm laminated

Well what do you want to know, .

Yes, have been planning this (as part of the extension) for near 1 year now.

I am wanting feedback from anyone that has one or installed one...always nice rather than just someone that thinks they know about them/things!

Top tips about the plastic decking supports though FMT, thanks.

I assume you mean level to the slop of the roof fall? Even though fall is quite small needs to be level to deck all way around?

God, I am OK with the spec for glass to be walked on.

Sponsored Links
Yes make sure the window and deck is built horizontally without any fall and any fall of the roof is taken up with your adjustable supports or firings within the deck subframe.

Arg yes, I am mixing things up.

Glass has to be level, roof slopes and then fancy adjustable legs levels deck off.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back