What trade, window, french doors advice and skylight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small 3x3m flat roofed extension that is currently the kitchen. We have decided to swap round the layout, converting it into a dining room.

In the process, we would like to bring more light into the room. My proposal to do this is; convert the existing window into a set of french doors onto the garden, install a skylight and convert the existing door (out onto the side return) into a tall non-opening window.

I need advice on what trade I should be looking for to quote for the work? I haven’t found anyone yet who will do it all.

Also, the current window is only 1.5m width, I won’t get much more light from widening it (Skylight will bring in more) but would like a bit of glass to look out at the garden. Any suggestions to maximise this?

Sponsored Links
I have a small 3x3m flat roofed extension that is currently the kitchen. We have decided to swap round the layout, converting it into a dining room.

In the process, we would like to bring more light into the room. My proposal to do this is; convert the existing window into a set of french doors onto the garden, install a skylight and convert the existing door (out onto the side return) into a tall non-opening window.

I need advice on what trade I should be looking for to quote for the work? I haven’t found anyone yet who will do it all.

Also, the current window is only 1.5m width, I won’t get much more light from widening it (Skylight will bring in more) but would like a bit of glass to look out at the garden. Any suggestions to maximise this?

A good builder. Perhaps one that with more a carpentry background rather than bricklaying.

You will need a buildings regs spplication and a SAPs test for the excess glazing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back