Cost of a porcelain patio.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to have a patio laid in porcelain slabs over an area of 27sqm. I know the cost of the slabs I want is £27 per sqm so that's £729. I have obtained some quotes for the work. The first company came and carried out a detailed survey and then sent me their detailed quote breakdown of £5200. Second person arrived and just took a quick look at the garden and said £8000. This was without taking any measurements. Third person gave me a quote via social media of 'about 4k' without coming to see the garden. Two others have t even bothered to respond to my request for quotes.

From these, the first one seems the obvious choice, but I'm just wondering if anyone could give their opinions on cost. Do you think £5200 is reasonable or should I continue to seek other quotes. I know prices will vary across the country, but we are in Gtr Manchester if that helps.

Sponsored Links
£5,200 is reasonable, assuming minimum 3" hardcore whacked in and 40mm 3:1 sand/cement with the back of the tiles washed in correct porcelain slurry and not just a dilution of SBR and cement.

Yikes, I had a quote last year of 1100 quid to lay 60 sqm of Indian sandstone. Sure hope those guys are still trading, as I'm only just getting round to it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back