Cost of an extension?

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I realise that this is a bit like how long is a piece of string but I'm trying to work out what I should be roughly aiming for in terms of savings for getting this extension done.

I want to fill in the back section of the house on the ground floor only to create a larger kitchen/dining room. At the moment the kitchen is pretty small and we don't have enough storage space.

It would be about 2m x 2.8m in SE London.

Edit: this is an old photo and the house has been externally insulated and rendered.

Sponsored Links
The average figure quoted on here is around £2k psm. That obviously depends on both the conditions on the site, and the intended internal use. Kitchens and bathrooms will obviously add more cost than a sunroom or similar.

I imagine that's subject to a multiplier given your location, but I'm sure more informed people will be along shortly.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back