Cost of getting house back to stone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much does it cost to have the paint removed from a small two story stone built terrace house front elevation only

Sponsored Links
I'd consider soda or dry ice.
I'm not aware of the cost, but it involves a large compressor and material, possibly scaffolding, and a couple of days work
still quite expensive, but so is painting a building

They’d did that to a house dead opposite my workshop in London. Yellow stock bricks had been painted over years ago. When the house was sold, the new owner had scaffold put up, then it was all sheeted up on the outside of the scaffolding with clear plastic and then they used some sort of large grit blaster behind the plastic screen and the bricked came up fantastic. Took a few days though.

OP,
what do you mean by stone? people have different idea's about what's actually stone?
grit blasting/sand blasting works wonders but has been frowned on for years because they not only take the paint off but it can remove the protective brick patina leaving the brickwork liable to soaking up moisture.

there are lots of liquid chemicals and bandages etc
or cleaning stones in angle grinders.

why not post "cleaning paint from brickwork" in the search box?

Sponsored Links
Took me a couple of days to take the paint off this wall for a customer.
Used a needle gun, but it can only be used on really hard stone. This one is chert which is really hard

Nice job
I was told i could use a needle gun on the main stone but would have to buy a air compressor and gun what type of Air compressor would you recommend to use with a needle gun i shop on eBay allot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back