Cost of instaling if I buy the bits myself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I sourced my own boiler and radiators (x5) roughly, how much would anyone here charge to install the system (combi boiler in bathroom and take out old boiler in kitchen) on existing pipes as well as a flush. Also, would you take on a job where all the parts were supplied by the home owner?

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find that most fitters here will say no, they wouldn't, since they will want to take full responsibility of the system if they are going to sign it off.

You should also take into account that they are far more likely to get a better discount or deal from their regular suppliers than you, and fit systems that they are conversant with and feel will be most reliable.

I would worry about any installer that would be happy to take the money and run, if you know what I mean, and thus not accept responsibility of any shortcomings of the components you buy!

Finally, I can't be certain, but there may be a warranty issue if a non-registered person buys a boiler.

I don't know anyonw who would install what you have bought yourself. The aggro over missing bits and pieces and their suitability for your system plus the warranty issues. Also looks like your a skinflint and bad payer!

Sponsored Links
I don't know anyonw who would install what you have bought yourself. The aggro over missing bits and pieces and their suitability for your system plus the warranty issues. Also looks like your a skinflint and bad payer!

What about:

Fittings
System Cleansers (a powerflush needs them)
Inhibitors
Electrical sundries
Jointing compounds / PTFE

Do you include all these?

Also,

How do you want control over your heating system.

Are you suppling the TRV's? (if you want them)
Room stat or programmable room stat? (Would you prefer a remote)
Integral timer on boiler or seperate timer?

Your too vague, and on this basis.... IM OUT

Asking that question on here is like going to kwik fit and asking them if they think you need new brakes. There is only ever going to be one answer :D

Some unduly negative responses here.
If you supplied a new boiler still in its packaging and the rads I would happily fit it. But as suggested already,don't expect the price to include labour only. There are other materials needed.

Copper pipe,Solder,flux,fittings,wire wool,sand and cement,plaster,Magnaclean,room stat/programmer,screws,electrical fittings,bonding clamps,pipe insulation,sludge remover,inhibitor

By offering to buy the boiler though you are implying you could get it cheaper and potentially signalling to the installer that you don't trust him enough not to rip you off.

Which is why most will walk away.

just for all the hassle id say £5K and id want half before i start

Never never ever pay any tradesman for work before they have completed the job. Once payed, thats your ace card gone.

£5 K is ridiculous. I was quoted 3 K with a system flush, Worcester boiler, rads and remote control.

Plumbers are getting like premiership footballers.

Everyones missed the combi in bathroom bit, based on that alone ,deffo NO!

your the sort that cancels a job when the plumbers brought all the parts.

perfectly normal to pay certain amount up front deposit etc.

live in the real world.

Got you a hotel room booked. Got the boiler out of a skip and resprayed it - looks good as new :LOL: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back