Cost of new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could any of you kind people give me a rough idea of how much it will cost me to replace my old lady Potterton boiler (20 years plus) and get rid of the water tank(s).

I live in a one bedroom flat and the boiler and tanks are in a cupboard in the kitchen.

Although the boiler is old it works fine, although it does make some loud clunking sounds when heating water.
The only reason I want to replace it is because I am planning on selling my flat in the next couple of months. I think that the ageing boiler might put buyers off.

Thanks,
Nursie

Sponsored Links
Fitting a new boiler won't sell your flat, let the new buyers change it. At the worse they could ask for money off the purchase price.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Further to that - and again without seeing you flat, so don't get offended.

If the decor is less than a few years old, the chances are any buyer is going to be doing a lot of work to make the place their own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back