Cost of Parquet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm trying to budget for a parquet floor. Could anyone give me an idea of an approximate figure for what is costs to parquet a square metre? It's just so that I can work out a rough guide cost.

Thing is that I've had a guy come in and quote for lifting the current engineered board floor, levelling any unevenness in the cement subfloor, putting down mosaic board, glueing or pinning the parquet blocks and then finishing, and it worked out at 220 quid a square meter. which really knocked me sideways when I got it!

Any advice gratefully receivd.

Sponsored Links
Was it a particilar pattenr this guy quoted for? And are you based in London? And did you want it done before Christmas?

Our herringbone (single or double) supplied and installed in the East Kent area with blockborder would come to half of that amount (including subfloor of mosaic, but exlcuding leveling - mosaic should take care of that anyway) Can't do it before Christmas though :LOL:

Thanks for replying. I'm in kent. Fitting after xmas and it was for herringbone with a blockborder. I guess it was a very expensvie quote then! Thank goodness. I was winded when I got it. So about 110 per square meter is a good gauge. Thank you.

One thing, that mosaic board, my wife and I actually like it. Does anyone actually lay a finished floor with it, or is it just used as base for pinning the parquet onto?

pz8d3r said:
One thing, that mosaic board, my wife and I actually like it. Does anyone actually lay a finished floor with it, or is it just used as base for pinning the parquet onto?
The Industrial Grade mosaic (7 by 7 fingers) is used as subfloor, normal grades like prime or rustic can be installed as top floor, no probs. Will also reduce the price of the whole floor.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. Thank you woodyoulike. thats very helpful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back