cost of quote for replace of old radiators for newer ones li

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
two double size rads (H) 500 X (W) 1200M

FOUR (H) 600 X (W) 1200M

I ALREDY HAVE RADS JUST QUOTE FOR LABOUR THANKS

http://i33.tinypic.com/abqfbr.jpg LINK TO RADS TYPE I HAVE ALREADY GOT THEM THANKS COST FOR LABOUR RADS SAME SIZE AS OLD RADS

Sponsored Links
What exactly are you asking for???

How on earth can you expect a sensible answer unless we get useful info......pipe run lengths, material type, lockshields, TRV's, how accesible etc etc.......please......sensible requests only!!

Oh, at a guess......1 million.....plus VAT

Damn......pipped at the post again......at this rate the porsche will have to go!

Sponsored Links
£10......and including materials and 10 yr guaranty.

How on earth can you expect a sensible answer unless we get useful info......pipe run lengths, material type, lockshields, TRV's, how accesible etc etc.......please......sensible requests only!!

I AGREE HE IS A RIPOFF MERCHANT WITH A REALLY STUPID ANSWER TO MY QUESTION AT LEAST JBC HAS A SENSABLIE ANSWER

I AGREE HE IS A RIPOFF MERCHANT WITH A REALLY STUPID ANSWER TO MY QUESTION AT LEAST JBC HAS A SENSABLIE ANSWER

Hahaha arguably his was no more sensible than the others - you've got stupid answers because you've asked a stupid question. Info we need includes:

Do the new rads stand off the wall by the same amount as the old ones? If the answer is "no" then you'll need pipework alterations which will add to the cost.

Do you have any thermostats on your rads? If you don't, these will need to be added, which will increase the time taken significantly as your system may well need to be drained down. This will add to the cost also.

Are there any solid structures that are going to get in the way? Faffing about around these takes time. This will add to the cost.

Are your present valves 1/2" compression or 3/4" union fittings? If they're unions then the old tails will almost certainly need to be removed from the old rads and fitted to the new ones. This will take time and...you've guessed it...add to the cost.

So, when you can give us all the info we need, we can give you the info you need. See, it's easy really...

Incidentally, you don't need to write in capital letters, we're quite capable of reading normal text ;)

http://i33.tinypic.com/abqfbr.jpg LINK TO RADS TYPE I HAVE ALREADY GOT THEM THANKS COST FOR LABOUR RADS SAME SIZE AS OLD RADS
Clearly I'm a latecomer with my quotation, but in case it's of interest I can do it for one million pounds, including VAT. Your entire family would be put up in a hotel while work is being carried out, with an open bar at your disposal, and unlimited ppv TV in all rooms.

Is it me or does anyone else see a correlation in a posters assumed intelligence and their propensity to USE CAPITAL LETTERS?

Maybe it's me and maybe I am being unfair, but I assume them to be rather thick.

P.S. I would also group those people who feel the need to add exclamation marks at the end of their very ordinary post titles - for instance "Problem with heating!!!"

P.P.S Also, add to that people who attempt to embolden their post titles by using HTML codes - {b}Heating problem!!!{/b}

elite you're indeed correct.

1. normal
2. THICK
3.THICKER
4.tEh UbEr ThIcKnEsS

flozz";p="1044720 said:
two double size rads (H) 500 X (W) 1200M

FOUR (H) 600 X (W) 1200M

http://i33.tinypic.com/abqfbr.jpg LINK TO RADS TYPE I HAVE ALREADY GOT THEM THANKS COST FOR LABOUR RADS SAME SIZE AS OLD RADS[/quote

Of course the replies you have to date are from individuals or companies that are not troubled by the current downturn in the economy.

I would be more than willing to provide you with a written quotation for the afore mentioned radiator work.

I will travel to your home anywhere in the U.K. I will access your needs fully & give you the benifit of my many years of experience completely free of charge.

Just to put your mind at rest as to quality of the work I install. I will protect your carpets/ floorcoverings with dust sheets, I will move all furniture and other items, lift & refit floor covering to gain access to hidden pipework.

My normal day rate is £10-00 (negotiable).

All I ask is that you pay the pro forma invoice.

We usually quote about £80 per rad if everything is straightforward to include standard new valves.

It has not been made clear if the old rads have to be removed but I would assume so.

But that is for a bare floor !

If the client has cream carpets and want us to remove old rads and carry them out with damaging his carpets then we have to walk away!

Alternatively the client can cover his carpets and we do the work at his own risk.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back