Cost of replacing storage combi with system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a four storey town house (South Yorkshire) six months ago and of course the gods of fate decided that the boiler should die so we've had a recommended plumber round to quote us for a new boiler. He recommended that we replace the Sime storage combi we've got with a system boiler (he's not the only one to suggest that, actually). As we're not planning to move again for a long time we said we wanted a good boiler with a decent warranty on it.

He quoted us £4500 to supply and install a Vaillant Ecotec 630 and a Gledhill 180L unvented cylinder along with the flush and the pipework, valves and wiring required etc. Initially I thought this was a bit expensive but I think I'm just ignorant about how much this stuff costs. He did say that we could bring the cost down by switching to a cheaper Glow Worm boiler but I don't really want to go with a cheap boiler.

Does this seem like a decent quote?

Sponsored Links
Before you do anything, make sure your mains cold water supply is up to running an unvented hot water cylinder. Given that you have a combi at the moment it will probably be OK, but its still worth checking. Look for 20 litres per minute flow rate and 2 bar dynamic pressure. Given that you lose roughly 0.25 bar per storey, 2.5 bar dynamic would be even better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back