Boiler selection (Storage combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Shortly going to install a new boiler in 4 bed, 1bath,1 shower terrace, and going for a storage combi (space very tight, no room for system, boiler will sit in a 'utility area' which consists of 3 x 60cm units!)

In terms of flow/pressure, we have sufficient pressure (3bar), and piping is being replaced upto mains in street so assuming this will be sufficient!

My original choice was the Valliant Ecotec 937, but the heating guy is not accredited with them so no 7 year warranty.

He has suggested Veissman as an alternative (is accredited so 5 year guarantee) - the vitodens 111. This looks quite big compared to Ecotec, and impedes on my utility space more than the 937!

Another option looking at prior threads on here is the glow worm 35 storage. I haven't heard anything about this apart from comments on here.

All three seem to be similarily priced (£1250-1450) so what are the pro's and con's on these?

As a general question, why aren't storage combi's more talked about as combi's generally as would have thought most people installing combis would plumb for the storage bit as only a couple of hundred more and they seem to counter many of the disadvantages? Are there specific downsides to them?

Many thanks for any words of wisdom

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back