cost of skimming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
skimming the walls in my lounge is not something i really want to undertake myself, so i had a quote, room is 22x13ft, quote was for £700 !
does that sound a lot or is it about right?

maybe i should try it myself, how hard can it be... ;)

Sponsored Links
It depends where you are.

I'm based in Sheffield and would charge around £400 to re-skim a room that size.

If you're down South then.....
(Incedentally I'm running a two day plastering course, cost £160, an April 17th and 18th. All aspects of modern refurb plastering are covered, and attendees walk away with the skills to do your own project.
Craig

Save your money and put it towards the cost of hiring a plasterer
Plastering is a skill it can take months sometimes years to master
:confused:

Sponsored Links
I was charged £100 for doing both sides of a new stud wall, 14 feet long, the inside of a wardrobe and a couple of extra square metres next to it. The guy was an excellent plasterer and the finish is absolutely perfect, even where he was matching the thickness against an existing bit of plastering.

This probably didn't affect the cost but it was in the middle of the plaster shortage 2 years ago. The guy was having trouble getting hold of plaster but I already had several bags, so whether or not he gave me a better price is unknown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back