Cost to replace gas fire, enlarge hole & make good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We're in west Wales and want to remove a 1950's style tiled fireplace with a living-flame type gas fire and replace it with a gas 'wood-burner' style stove.
The new gas fire will sit in a prefabricated steel Stove-Chamber which means the hole left after the original fireplace is removed and a new register plate fitted the flue is unlined.
Once the stove-chamber is in place the chimney breast will need re-plastering up to the picture rail. The new hearth fitted the new 'gas stove'
fitted and gas checked.
It's not a big job and probably be finished in a day, 2 at most.
I desperately need some advice as to the cost I should expect.
The only materials we are not supplying should be a bit of mortar & plaster which as it's an old house will be lime based to patch it up.
Many thanks to anyone who can offer any opinion.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks to anyone who can offer any opinion.
[/quote]

Frankly, RichRich, the only advice on pricing you will get here is from Joe Speccy4eyes, or PratfallPeter. All of which will be useless. Why not phone someone local, who will know the local rates

Sponsored Links
No, there is already a gas fire fitted to the chimney which is un-lined

If pushed, I would say that was un the top side, but you need another quote. Is the chimney in an internal wall or external. There is a limit to the height of an unlined chimney, and is more stringent for external ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back