Cost to replace old gas fire and back boiler with a wall mounted combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate this is a question that can only be answered in general without any details, but here goes:

I am deciding whether to buy a late 1960s 2 bed bungalow (70m2 floor space) with an old gas fire and back boiler.

What would be the approximate cost to have a mid-range combi boiler fitted to an outside wall and connected to the existing rads and pipework?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Stick £5k in your budget- that would cover replacing all pipework, rads etc (which if the system is 40 years old won't be a bad idea).
EDIT You don't have to have a combi, other choices are available

Stick £5k in your budget- that would cover replacing all pipework, rads etc (which if the system is 40 years old won't be a bad idea).
EDIT You don't have to have a combi, other choices are available

So in effect a whole new system?

I was thinking around that price just to have the boiler, so a full system would be even better.

A couple of years ago I had a complete system installed for £1800.

I bought my own boiler (Combi, intergas) £625, rads and valves.

plumber supplied all pipework (copper), Mag filter, thermostat. He fitted the lot including new 13m gas run from meter, commissioned the boiler and left it working.

I’m shocked when I see these £5k+ figures touted around. Had another quote similar in cost.

It took him a week on his own. And his work is top notch.

Shop around, good luck.

Sponsored Links
Keep the back boiler, it`ll outlive any new "combi" that you put in :)

Replacing and old installation is usually more of a time consuming pain than a new installation where there are no complications. But if the place is more or less empty that may be a huge help. New rads would most likely make sense.
You could probably get quotes between maybe £2000 (using your rads) and £6000. Hugely depends where you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back