Cost to replace radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what should I be paying to replace some radiators, approx 1m by 05.m.

Heatable want almost £300 per rad and this seems like a lot.

Sponsored Links
If the old rads are imperial, the new metric equivalent will be slightly bigger or smaller- requiring minor alteration to the pipe work.

get them smaller and use extendable rad valves - if there is a mismatch(y)

Sponsored Links
I've just replaced the radiators in my house, 9 in all. Because all the rads were old ones I had to use tail extenders on them all but not only that the old wall brackets did not go anywhere near the hangers on the new rads so they had to replaced as well which meant making the wall good where the old brackets were and then drilling and plugging the wall to fit the new brackets. Put the cost of the rads on top of that, all were well over a hundred pounds, then £300 per radiator doesn't sound too bad.

I've just replaced the radiators in my house, 9 in all. Because all the rads were old ones I had to use tail extenders on them all but not only that the old wall brackets did not go anywhere near the hangers on the new rads so they had to replaced as well which meant making the wall good where the old brackets were and then drilling and plugging the wall to fit the new brackets. Put the cost of the rads on top of that, all were well over a hundred pounds, then £300 per radiator doesn't sound too bad.
Didn't you get brackets with the new rads? Even so, £300 per rad still sounds ridiculous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back