RADIATOR REPLACEMENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a 1m x 600mm radiator (double) i m going to replace with a 2m x 600m(double).
I have had two rooms knocked into one and i want to increase my heat output.

Having removed one radiator i am happy with the procedure to drain and refil my sealed system heating.

Are there any other considerations i should take into account?
The radiator will unfortunately be located behind a sofa however should still have significant output throught the central channel as it is a double radiator.

I also noticed this on website selling radiators?
(http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/-16891?submit=View+Options)

Please Note
The system must be thoroughly flushed with an industry approved central heating cleanser. Following cleansing an industry approved central heating protector must be added.
Failure to cleanse and protect the system correctly is likely to cause small pinhole leaks and invalidate the guarantee of this product.

What does this mean/ How does that work?

Sponsored Links
BAGGIES1 said:
The radiator will unfortunately be located behind a sofa however should still have significant output throught the central channel as it is a double radiator.

Unless it is a leather sofa :eek: Will ruin the leather by drying it out :rolleyes:

When you have finished your work fill the system up adding a GOOD cleanser, such as Fernox or Sentinel. Let this circulate around system as per M I's, drain out, flush all through with clean water and when filling finally add inhibitor.

Flushing will clean the system but could cause more leaks as you are cleaning out possible corrosion that is stopping something leaking, although this is very unlikely and rare ;)

ok.

is this process actually necessary?
(perhaps for the introduction of a new radiator)
should i risk leaks in my system? :eek:

where can you recommend purchasing fernox or sentinel and how much should i expect to pay?

any help would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
How grotty is the old water?
If reasonably clean and you aren't doing any soldering which intriduces acid flux, I'd just put some more Inhibitor in the system.

£ ....google

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back