Radiator Swap Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping you can give me some guidance.

Basically we've recently moved into a new house which has a large single radiator (600 x 1600mm) in the living room which isn't sufficiently powerful enough to heat the room as it is a reasonably big size. This means we end up having the fire on in addition to the central heating.

What I would like to know is can you forsee any problems if I was to replace the single radiator with a same size double radiator? I guess that this should make a significant difference to the heat output?

The system is an old one and the central heating is powered by a Baxi Bermuda 401 back boiler (it is our longer term aim to replace but having just moved home money is tight!), would adding a double radiator in place of a single one cause issues with the system being able to cope with this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back