Costing between pitched and flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm looking at having an extension built and am wondering whether I should opt for a pitched or flat roof.

Because I'm not too fused which I end up going for, the contributing factor will be the costing.

I am hoping to extend 6m out and the usual height of a room.

If it is a flat roof then I've been told that I can use two pieces of timber 3m but if I have a pitched roof I'll need timber which is 7m long.

Will there be a big costing difference between the two options?

Adrian

Sponsored Links
You should consider practicality as well as aesthetics.

Extending out 6m on a single storey extension whilst keeping below the upstairs window sills, is not achievable on a lot of extensions, due to pitch anomaly.

You have not stated whether you are a bungalow, two storey, gable extension, etc etc.

As for cost, i would say the flattie is only marginally cheaper to install, particularly if you have a simple truss roof. However future maintenance costs and aesthetics can be off putting on a flattie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back