Costing estimate for HSV3 replacement.

Buk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My HSV3 (22mm) is leaking (again) so I need to get someone to replace it for me.

I can get the valve itself for £25; but how much will it cost to have someone fit it?

Best estimate for SE England?

Sponsored Links
Depends on what kind of system you have. Is it open vented or sealed? Is the valve near the top or near the bottom?

Depends on the system,it may be valved off 1 hr ish ,may require a full drain down and that could be around 4 hrs

Sponsored Links
t may be valved off 1 hr ish ,

No shut off valves unfortunately. If they were there, I'd do it myself.

So, full drain down is inevietable.

4 hrs costs what these days?

(Note: I don't mind paying someone to do that which I am either incapable (gas) or unprepared (tools, knowledge, experience) ((WATER)) to do myself.
but I do hate it when fly-by-nights turn up, suck their teeth for 20 minutes before informing me that it will cost me £3500 to replace my boiler with a
combo unit, and another £1000 to dig a soakaway (because the nearest drain is 7mm further away than the 'specs').

And all because the piezo spark ignitor (£23) on my 22 y/o boiler had worn out. (I actually paid £9.48 including shipping on Ebay.)

Open vented.

Top or bottom of what?
Top or bottom of the system, IE is it mounted near the floor on the ground floor, or is it on the top floor of your home? Makes a difference to how much draining down is potentially required

Top or bottom of the system, IE is it mounted near the floor on the ground floor, or is it on the top floor of your home?

Ah! Its in the (first floor) airing cupboard next to the cylinder. 450mm up from the base of the 1200x450mm cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back