Cost of replumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im just wondering whether someone could give me a rough estimate of how much it would cost to replumb a bathroom and kitchen which are adjacent to eachother as it is in a bungalow.

Any rough guide would be much appreciated - all needs replacing because the house hasnt been touched in a VERY long time.

Thanks.

R Critchley

=============================
see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
£10,200..........£10k for the kitchen ..£200 for the bathroom ...Kitchen from fancy shop...bathroom from shed :LOL: :LOL: I know because I was told this afternoon by a coleague about kitchen and then went to a DIY shed ;) I am the fount of all knowledge :rolleyes:

Cost to instal bathroom suite £300. COst to plumb in kitchen sink £50. Washing machine valves outside tap ect extra......

I charge £250 for a standard bathroom fit and i would charge £50 for sink.

Sponsored Links
Tell that to the people I price for. They all think it's expensive. I hate working out here in the sticks! :evil:

I hate working in the smoke - too much cheap labour to compete with (£30 dayrate for gas - unqualified of course :evil: )

If you are only paying £30 per day then who is interested in qualifications?

They told me they are qualified in Poland!

Insure their BMW in Poland for only £200 per annum!

Agile said:
If you are only paying £30 per day then who is interested in qualifications?

They told me they are qualified in Poland!

Insure their BMW in Poland for only £200 per annum!

I am not surprised

These lot are taking advantage of extended EEC. In my street there are 4 polish registered cars VW's and BMW's. The work clothing they wear suggests they are plumbers /Gas fitters.

I think the Chinese may be undercutting the Poles round here.

The Chinese labourers on a local development appear to be living on site (Victorian refurb), work 7am till 9pm 7 days a week and so far every bank holiday this year.

The developer is a large estate agent - they are buying up every available site - no doubt paying top money and using cheap/unqualified labour.

Planning to pose as a potential buyer when its finished - and check up on the work. :evil:

At least the Poles have the odd day off.

yes but who'd want to go there?
What do U say to a pole with a beautiful girl on his arm?
Nice tattoo.......

Well, it`s good for our economy ,cuz we`re a nation of greedybastards who like to think we`re still the bloody Raj and just love cheapo labour of any nationality to do our graft for us :evil: Keep them House prices rising :LOL: :LOL: PS . I was talking about cost for new installation earlier :oops: not just the plumbing

I do the plumbing and heating for a developer who buys victorian places guts them and starts again.

His latest trick is to employ non English speaking new europeans. Anyhow, I didn't want them to get the hot water cylinder before me, so when he said he'd sent them in to rip out I shot round in a flash. Managed to get my cylinder. They had ripped out the gas fires and had gas pipes hanging free. Good job I got there in time to save a gas explosion. I capped off meter cut the rising main and gave the site a standpipe just in time so they could carry on their butchery.

Neither of them understood a word I was saying, they had a six pack of beers each and were just ripping out willy nilly.

There are some imigrant women at the local slaughter house pork processing plant (vertually all the indigenous labour has been fired in favour of the cheaper imports) who will aparently do amaising things for as little as a bottle of beer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back